Renters insurance is a handy insurance policy that you can have that covers water backup damage, theft, bodily injuries, and much more in properties that are rented. You can obtain renters' insurance if you rent a home, a dorm, or even an apartment. We offer various policies for renters insurance here at Kupiec Insurance Group in Pennsylvania.
Renters Insurance Requirements
Renters' insurance is not legally required in Pennsylvania. However, your landlord can require you to obtain renters insurance as a part of your lease agreement.
Renters Insurance Coverage
Renters' insurance covers all of the following:
- Contents- If your furniture, clothing, or other personal items become damaged or stolen, this will cover the costs to replace or repair them.
- Loss of use- You can be reimbursed for any expenses you require if your home becomes uninhabitable after a loss.
- Personal liability- If an accident occurs in your home and damage or bodily injury occurs as a result. This will help cover you.
- Credit card coverage- This will help cover you for any unauthorized transactions on your bank debit/ATM card and your credit card. This coverage also covers counterfeit money and forged checks.
- Medical payments to others- This will cover medical and funeral expenses for an injured person while on your property.
- Building additions- This covers any additions, fixtures, alterations, installations, or improvements you make to your rental home.
You can also opt-in for any of these optional rental insurance coverages:
- Water backup
- Valuables plus
- Theft extension
- Earthquake coverage
If you reside in Pennsylvania and would like to obtain a quote for renters’ insurance, give us a call here at Kupiec Insurance Group today. Our agents will assist in helping you find coverage that meets your personal needs.