Do you live in Pennsylvania and own a boat or other type of watercraft? Owning a boat is a huge investment. The best way to protect it is by insuring it. We offer coverage for boats and watercraft of all types here at Kupiec Insurance Group.
Boat/Watercraft Insurance Requirements
Boat insurance is not legally required in Pennsylvania. However, if you lease or finance your boat or watercraft, your lender can require you to obtain insurance. Furthermore, marinas may request you to provide proof of insurance.
Boat/Watercraft Insurance Coverage
Here are the different types of insurance coverage you can choose from for your boat or another type of watercraft:
- Liability- This is similar to auto personal liability coverage. If you cause an accident while on the water, this will cover the repair or replacement costs for the other party. This will also cover the other party’s medical expenses.
- Medical payments- If you are involved in an accident, this will cover yourself and your passenger’s medical payments no matter who caused the accident.
- Physical damage- If anything on your boat that is permanently attached to it becomes damaged, this will pay the costs associated with repairing or replacing them.
- Uninsured/underinsured- If you get into an accident with a boater who does not have insurance or enough insurance and you suffer injuries, this will cover your lost wages and medical costs.
- Personal effects- This covers all your personal items on your boat, including jewelry, clothing, cell phones, fishing, sporting equipment, and much more.
- Unattached equipment- This covers anything not attached to your boat permanently if it is damaged or stolen. It covers the costs to repair or replace them.
To obtain a quote for boat insurance, give us a call here at Kupiec Insurance Group. We serve all residents in the state of Pennsylvania.